Cavan Credit Union is warning members of the public of scams. Cavan Credit Union will NEVER contact an individual member by phone, text, or email asking them to click a link to verify their account or give personal account details over the phone. If a member of the public does receive such a call, text message, or email they are advised NOT to give any account details to the caller or to click on the link under any circumstances.
If a member is in any doubt about any message or call that they receive in relation to their credit union account, please contact us directly on 049-4331715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things to Take Note of:
- If you are in doubt about a message or phone call in relation to your Cavan Credit Union account, please contact us directly and ask a member of staff.
- Be wary of any text messages or phone calls, which may reference account verification or password changes. Cavan Credit Union will NEVER contact a member by phone, text or email asking them to verify their account or to give them personal account details over the phone.
- Keep your account and log in details safe and secure. NEVER share your log in credentials with anyone, regardless of who they may claim to be.
- Fraudsters can use Number Spoofing when they make contact by phone to make it look like they are calling from the phone number of a genuine organisation. They may then try to trick the person into divulging personal, financial or security information. Remember: Scams can take many formats.
- Fraudsters are very good at making e-mails look genuine and can set up elaborate and convincing dummy websites. NEVER click on links in messages. Always manually enter a web address into the address bar of your browser.
For more useful information on fraud awareness read our Fraud Brochure